The tombs of the bishops are centered around the marble altar beneath the statue of the Risen Christ. Two panels, on either side of the altar, depict Christ's suffering and death. The panels, tabernacle, and the pillars were originally a part of the chapel in the previous residence of the Bishop in Bratenahl, which has since been sold.
The ceiling is a mosaic of varicolored Venetian glass, hand set in a sunburst design of blue spotted with gold stars. The two-panel window depicts the theme of Redemption through Christ and the Mass. The figures of both St. Peter and St. Paul are on the upper half of the north wall. The figures of Aaron, David, and Melchizedek are on the south wall.
The relics of St. Christine lie under the altar of this chapel. The relics were presented to Archbishop Schrembs in 1925 by Pope Pius XI. Tradition says that Christina was a girl of 13 or14 who died for her faith around the year 300. She was buried in the catacombs of St. Pontianus outside Rome which catacombs were discovered in the 18th century. The saints contained in those tombs were placed in the Vatican. Her entire skeleton is shown with a small vial of her blood (now dried to powder). She was the 1st female saint to have her relics transferred to America and only the second time in the history of the American church that the Vatican gave the complete relics of a saint to a Diocese. (Relics of St. Datian are enshrined in New York City.)