Human Trafficking Our series on Human Trafficking continues this week. Victims of trafficking may look like many of the people
coming to your organization for assistance every day. Victims are young children, teenagers, men, and women. By looking beneath the surface and asking yourself these questions, you can help identify potential victims:
Recognizing the Warning Signs
of Human Trafficking
Pay attention if a person:
• appears submissive, afraid, or nervous.
• tells a well rehearsed or inconsistent story.
• is not in control of his or her identification papers.
• shows signs of physical or mental abuse.
• is not able to come and go as he or she pleases.
• does not want to tell you about a tattoo which may, in fact, be a trafficker’s branding.
Next week: how to recognize trafficking in a young person.